Friends, it’s your buddy BeefLoaf……I’m here to round up the weekend with “the Good, the Bad, the Ugly”……..a little snippet of what the 108’ers see when attending games for a Sox homestand.
– The Fans – Cheers to you White Sox fans!!! This team is a shell of its former self, but you are still coming out and supporting a full scale rebuild. 32k fans on Saturday night was…AMAZING!!! The Sunday crowd was solid too. I don’t ever want to hear Kenny Williams complain about the crowds, we are supporting a rebuilding team more then appropriately.
– The Bullpen – the last few years have been a struggle, but lemme tell ya…..this year, the White Sox bullpen has been nothing short of spectacular…………this weekend, we had Michael Ynoa throw 51 pitches on Saturday night to close out 3 innings much needed relief work when Mike Pelfrey’s start was a total disaster……..we also had Tommy Kahnle come in and throw a scoreless 8th inning on Sunday. The White Sox appear to be ready for a world in which Tommy Kahnle and Anthony Swarzak throw important innings.
– 108 Twitter Followers – You guys and gals are fucking amazing!!! Whether you are coming down to hang for an inning or two in the 108 (like the friends @cmmarysz @dirrty862 and @DudeSlater ) or just tweeting clever stuff to us before, during or after games, it’s a joy to interract with you!!! It is going to be a tough next couple of years, but our interractions should make it much more palatable.
– Todd Frazier – I wrote about him in this space last homestand and I hope to not write about him again, but he looks totally lost. What doesn’t help is when you are awful at the plate and then drop an easy pop up in foul territory that ends up allowing another run to cross the plate that inning (thank goodness it didn’t factor in the result). I just hope he can right this ship before the trade deadline and become SOMETHING for this rebuilding team.
– Ricky Renteria – I mostly think Ricky has done a solid job, but for a rebuilding team that is struggling on offense, I can’t make a solid argument for why Matt Davidson is riding the pine ALL. GODDAMN. WEEKEND. Not a pinch hitting spot, not a spot start on Saturday, wtf? I am NOT a Matt Davidson supporter (much of White Sox twitter is), but I can’t come up with a cogent reason that would say benching him for 3 game straight makes any kind of sense.
– Bathroom Etiquette – MySoxSummer will have a more complete piece on this coming through soon, but the lines out the door are unacceptable, the half drank beers and half eaten slices of pizza left on the urinal are unacceptable. We might run a workshop on how not to be a fucking idiot at the ballpark when using the facilities.
– Throwing Home Run Balls back on the Field – We have already written ad nausem about this, but people just don’t fucking get it. Look, your Aunt Edna’s tradition of making fruitcake for Thanksgiving is a shitty tradition, so why follow other shitty traditions that are blindly followed by others? If you catch a home run ball and you don’t want to keep it, PLEASE, just give it to a kid nearby that would love to have it. Please DO NOT throw that ball back on the field. You’ll be removed from the ballpark and we will mock you in this space.
Sox fans, let us know what you are thinking about the 2nd weekend home stand of the season………hit us up on Twitter, Facebook, Insta, MySpace, etc